Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hari Raya Aidilfitri '09

So this post is particularly for those who has celebrated Hari Raya Aidilfitri..
Well, to be more exact, to those who actually invited me to their houses.


The first house I visited was Sharin and Sharir's house.. 



Yea, thats me in the middle with the rest of the gang who came along. 


As you can see, Ku Wei Xiong was missing..

So just to make it gang look complete, we made this bear become Ku Wei Xiong and started talking to him..



Makan2 time

But you know what, I'm not going to go deep into each houses, So i'm going to move on with the next one.

The same day, we went on a so-called "Rombongan" to Amal's house.






Pick cha! :)

To be honest with everyone, I'm not really close to Amal and I only went to the place because the majority of them was going. But she didn't bother too much, and she was indeed very pleased.

So after sometime, I think its on a Thursday if not mistaken..

Nazim!

 

My OLD SKINNY MAT SALLEH friend..



It was only today that I met Hafiz after, what seemed to be a million years!
Ok, exaggeration to the maximum i know..
But it was good to see him after a long time.


We went to Nazim's house after waiting at Kheng Wai's place.
It was his house warming/open house.
So as excited as he was to invite me over, I was excited as well.




So, we was in his house for a couple of hours.
He went M.I.A. for a while, but Naz's Mom was talking to me as she always would.
I don't know, its pretty weird.


When I entered his new place, i immediately felt like I was used to it. It was the atmosphere. Probably because I always visited his place back in the day, I was getting abit used to it. I was comfortable speaking to his family members. But nevertheless, I respected them as who they are. 

This was the first time in a long time I ate more than I could chew. I felt like a fat bear when he send me home.


So days gone by and the next thing you know, Calvin and I, along with Hafiz went to Pavillion with the other ex-classmates of ours.

After that, we went to Adilah's house.





So as usual, the guys behind and the shorties
opps.. i mean, girls infront.. 
lol..

Adilah, to me, was that hi-and-bye friend. I wasn't really close to her. Same case senario with Amal. But they were really nice and kept talking to me. I was happy with the hospitality I got from the both of them. The food in Adilah's house was western. Quite interesting..

Well, it was nice to see my school classmates after a long time. Hafiz, gosh, Damn that fella so skinny, but still fat. Hahahaha..

So after that the plan was to head to Shoey's house.
So while walking to her place, we dropped by Liana's place.




Well, we used Liana's gate as the camera holder. 

Hahaha..
Liana's mom as usual, was very very nice. She made us eat, made us drink.
We didn't really had much time, so we had to get out and get lost from her house.

But that short spell at her place was indeed one of those you feel that you're wanted.

Moving on..

After a 10 minute walk..
We reached Shoey's House



So we rounded it all of by visiting Shoey's house. 

It was nice to have all my muslim friends, including Anita, who I have not seen in a very very long time. Its nice to see everyone in the same living room after high school. It felt like being in the class room again. Only thing was Pn Jaya was missing. hahahaha..

Well, this was the day that Calvin and I did what many didn't do.
We spend 16 hours outside our house.

The Star.. The Hawk..

Anyways, moving to the final open house.

I almost didn't go for this open house because I got back late from college on Saturday but I'm glad I managed to. :)

Sarah and Kak Farah's house.



Groupie.. :)

This was the last open house I visited for the year for Raya. I caught up with most of the juniors. Some I meet along the way, but others I don't really meet. They were funny and in their own world as usual. Besides Sarah, Clarence, and Nazir, the rest of them was among themself. Something I wasn't surprised of. 

So, The food was really really good and the kuah for the ketupat was burning inside my stomach. I enjoyed the biscuits there too. That biscuit with the chocolate and white stripes on the top.

It was also nice to hear that Piano session by Sarah and Clarence.
Oh yea, thanks Sarah for that basic piano session. :)

Kak Farah was with her friends and I didn't know how to start a conversation. So, hmm.. i was lost..

Besides the food and the piano, I spent most of the time with Looi gazing into blank space. When almost all of Sarah's friend left,then come some of her family members.

Only at that point,
I realised what Hari Raya trully meant.
I witness what it felt like,
celebrating with family..



OK THEN...

Well, I just wanted to thank everyone for inviting me to your houses for Raya.
I'm sure you all have better people to invite than me, but still you had the courtesy and that open heart to invite me. So, thank you. I am happy to have been present at all your houses.

and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your joy of Hari Raya with me.
Thank you.

0 people cares: