Saturday, September 13, 2008

MoonCake Festival

Today, I went to school for the Mooncake Festival thingy.


Well, I know that there will be only Chinese present. But the last time I went there, i got a first class treatment.. hahaha.. Think i know why. (=.=") Well, alot of them actually called me to join but I didn't want to go because I'll be alone and thats not fun. But Ai Ling and Pauline will be performing and yes i want to go! haha.

I went around 7am. Oh yea, I still haven't BUKA PUASA!!!. This kinda bugs me. I don't want to complain much but I've been opening my fasting period later then usual. Not that its a problem but still.. haihz.. So, when i arrived they were like.. Ha? Remon??? Well, can't blame me.. Sad thing was no one accompanied me this time.




I tried to play that song. Automatically, from there, I know where was D, Em, F, and the A chords. hahaha.



I went to boost up Ai Ling's spirit and got a free start session from her. haha.


No mooncake festival is complete without the LION! HAHAHA..


Well, there to Accompany me was Looi and friends. Jual ROTI!! HAHA..

Anyways I didn't want to compared it to last year, cause as far as i know, last year was way better then this year. Can't blame la, the organizer sangat 'lau ya' punye. It was Pauline and Ai Ling's performance. Well, i can't lie. They did a good job for starters. But I couldn't bearly hear what they were saying. But they did their best at thats all that counts.


Besides that there was nothing much to talk about. Now i want to talk about Moon Cakes!

Mooncakes were used by those revolutionaries in China to secretly distribute letters in order to overthrow the Mongolian rulers of China in the Yuan dynasty. Got one of those heroes la ask them to eat Mooncake for Goodluck, so this prompted the quick distribution of the mooncakes, which were used to hide a secret message coordinating the Han Chinese revolt on the 15th day of the eighth lunar month.

Another method of hiding the message was printed in the surface of mooncakes as a simple puzzle or mosaic. Now you all know why got those weird writting on the top of mooncake. In order to read the encrypted message, each of the 4 mooncakes packaged together must be cut into 4 parts each. The 16 pieces of mooncake, must then be pieced together in such a fashion that the secret messages can be read. The pieces of mooncake are then eaten to destroy the message. Damn pandai la those people.


Mooncakes are a festival delight! haha and i love them~~

This is the moonycakey Naz gimme!! haha..


Ni belum buka lagi. Just to prove that its Naz one. NAZ this the mooncake you gimme rite?? hahaha..



Side view of the cake.




This is a lotus mooncake. Can see Chinese encrypted words. If im not mistaken, its BIG .... .... .... . I only know one word. Tu pun kira bagus la.




Very seductive eh?? haha.. Inside got york one.


Well, I had to cut them.



And end up making a mess.. haihz. Yea, yea, i know i'm a horrible mooncake cutter. haihz.. Doesn't matter its all going in my tummy in the end. HAHAHA!!



Well Naz, thanks again for the moony cakey. VERY Thoughful of you.


Ironic, The word moony cake brings back scary memories back in primany school. haihz..

0 people cares: