Monday, September 29, 2008

David versus Goaliath Badminton Match

I'm using the title of a verse from the bible to describe the match Loh and I had against the legendary partners of Kelvin Kwong Kok Khuen and Calvin Yong Yee Zhun a.k.a. the VinVin's hahahaha..

But honestly it was more then just a match. The are a tough opponent and one of the toughest among our gang.




Just look at that blady KKK laughing when we asked for the challenge. Well they were really strong opponents and the started off pretty well.



The match was getting really tensed up. The VinVin's were giving us no chance at all! The smashed at us everytime they got the chance.


Loh and I with our dissappointed look. Obviously. We were trashed 21-10 in the first set! for VinVin's it was like taking candy from a baby. They were planning to walk out with the jackpot in their hand.

Haihz.. There were time when i tried really hard to get back to level terms and end up getting painful bumps on my knees and feet. I also felt like i over stretch my conjoes. =.=" The second set was like no other. We fought as if we had no tomorrow.

The score was set to 15-12 and we were leading. Believe it! we were. Loh and I didn't want to waste this opportunity to win anymore. We threw everything we had at them.

The VinVin's realised that they were backtrackking and so they began playing like the pro's that they were. Only this time, with more fury. The managed to equalise and get a deuce out of it. 20-20 the score line.


Loh and I didn't want to fool around. We blasted the last point and believe it or not, we won! 22-20. This is me with the last serve of the second set. We managed to captivate one set for ourselves.


Now the game was really intensive. We gave everything we had. I felt that chemistry with Loh. I felt that the both of us can really win this. We just needed to focus. We began learning the VinVin's theory. From there Loh and I fought our way to the climax of this game. We fought hard and strong.

It was getting close and with the score at 20-16. We were one point away from victory. Our official victory. My serve. It was planned. Loh smashed the following hit and I gave a thunderous blow to score for this set. WE WON! OMG! We brought down the giants!



It was a victory to remember. One of the best victories i could ever ask for. Against a powerful opponent with a powerful teammate ended with a powerful smash. This is a video of our third set against them.

ps : later on they tak puas hati so we played 5 sets and lost the other 2. but that obviously didn't count. ^^

0 people cares: