Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hari Raya Aidilfitri [Day 1]

Well, today is Hari Raya Aidilfitri. A very important celebration for the Muslims all around the world. Its a festival to celebrate the end of the Ramadan month which is known also as the "Fasting Month" and enter the Syawal month "Bulan Raya". Well, its actually a good thing that this festival is on. Especially when your friend are Malays.


This festival is all about forgiving and sharing with one another. It is also a good time to renew relationship with friends too.


For me, usually this celebration will definitly start off by visiting on of my Dad's good friend, Uncle Latiff.



My family and I visited Uncle Latiff very often during this festive time almost every year. Vice Versa, he would visit us every Christmas.

Uncle Latiff is a really cool guy and his jokes are just too funny. He is a naturally born joker and he really knows how to treat his guests. (This is not insulting but its complimenting).


Well, I didn't managed to take pictures of the food I ate at his place cause I was being entertain quite often by Uncle Latiff. But this is the "Kuih Raya" served. I really like those Chocolate Almond biscuits. I can't remember the name but I'm guessing you people should know.

There was lots of talking and catching up to listen to. It was quite interesting too. It went on for about 1 hour or so and later it was time to leave.

Well, before leaving, just to top it all off, a picture of My Dad and Uncle Latiff. Good old friends. Nice to see that.

0 people cares: