Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Double Birthday at the Orphange

Today is the day Jackie and Father celebrates their birthday and what a great place to celebrate Fathers 50th Birthday, Kajang's Home (Orphanage).

We had troubles getting there but we made it just in time for the cutting of the cake. With all the kids behind, Father and Jackie cut their birthday cake.


The Big Butter Cake with the inscription : 50 Years Old, Blessed Birthday Rev. Fr Mari Arokiam.

I felt this whole guilt all over me when I watched those kids in the orphange. All this while, people have been telling me that I was very fortunate compared to the orphans. I took all those words for granted until I actually saw them in the orphanage and experienced the whole situation for it my self.


All this while,
we have been complaining on how difficult life is for us,
we tend to make certain issues a life or death problem,
we complain that we don't get enough love and even more.
Just stop and think about the lest fortunate for a while.
You've heard this all before and I know it. But to put myself in their shoes,
with family members that have abandon them,
death of their parents when they were too young to even remember their parents faces,
freak accidents and they are the only survivor, and things like that.
I couldn't help but feel that pain. I know I wouldn't live the next minute If it was in that situation. I would rather die. I just couldn't live like that. It was tear shedding just to think about it the whole night.
Instead of getting presents, Father decides to give something to the kids instead.




But the special thing about these kids is everytime theres a visitor, they are excited and energetic as anything. Its nice to see most of them (from my family) could come to celebrate here and it was happier to see that the kids were very happy about us visiting.


What a way to celebrate your 50th birthday, Thanks again Father for this genius move.

0 people cares: