Sunday, July 26, 2009

Manchester United vs Malaysia XI - Saturday!

SATURDAY - 18/07/09. (MATCH DAY)


Well.. What a week!
AN AWESOME WEEK!
Friday + Saturday + Monday!

It was marked in my calender as Man U day- Saturday. Why?? Well, like I explained to a friend or two, for at least every one minute in that specific day, you will encounter a person with a Manchester United Jersey. Well, you didn't really need an online survey for this event.

All you would have to do was to go down to any LRT station, and there will be a huge sum of Red Devil fans. Well, specifically the one at Hang Tuah where the Chan Brothers and Me went to take the train.

We, however decided to change our mind and take the Monorail to Titiwangsa. It was a smart move considering the fact that any other station will be loaded with people going to Bukit Jalil. So we took the train from Titiwangsa to Bukit Jalil. It was like travelling from one end of the world to another. Well, if you're a regular LRT user you would understand.

Anyways, we reached the Stadium at about 5 something. But already we had half of the same amount of people living in Penang at the stadium. In other words, it was really crowded la.

Exibit A, B and C.




Well, I was making my way to the Red Gate to go into the stadium.

Lining up time..





My camera was still intact and here are some pictures of the M.U Team training.




Now the word crowded wouldn't compare to what I saw inside the stadium. 85000 people present to fill up the 100,000 capacity stadium. Well, i went to my seating place and it was way up to the grand stand. But I was really happy to seated rite at the middle of the grandstand. So this is what it looked like from my seat.

Exibit C and D.



Ok, now is picture time.

The crowd was growing impatient, so they decided to bring out the Fifa Fair Play Flag to calm them down.






Kick off!!











It was a great half and United was 2-1 up. United left the pitch for their talk and we all still had to wait for Owen's debut. So while waiting, this was the organizers bright idea to keep the football fans entertained.





Thanks St John High School! I remember watching Ben Foster got stuck in the middle of the dancing. Hahaha.




So, the Second Half Commences with a hope that Owen makes his appearance.





Micheal Owen's debut!!!








What a game! it was an explosive match. Not I would say the most convincing football match ever. But a great experience to watch them live. Malaysia came close to even the score up, but Owen's late stunner was just the perfect thing the 85,000 filled stadium needed. The stadium erupted with delighted chants and shouts! But honestly I was still not satisfied. I wanted to see more! :(

The final score was 3-2. But yet the die hard crowd stayed to watch United's cooling down sessions. Amazing.









But overall, it was a great experience. What I would describe as the perfect gift for a boy. To watch his favorite team play live.

Oh wait, that was not over, I still had more photographs session after the match.



The dude sitting next to me.



The whole gang gathered outside for a picture taking session!



This picture..
TO LIVERPOOL FANS..
if you're wondering why is it like this??

Well, its because, Giggys has won 11 Premiership Titles with Manchester United and Gerrard, need I say more?, has won NON!! HAHAHAHA..

So, now we walk through the parks to get to the Sri Petaling station where it was less crowded.






So, what an ending to what I presumely call a perfect day.
*Sore throats*


Watch Manchester United Football Club play live - DONE!


*For more pictures, pls log on to my profile at Facebook.

0 people cares: