Sunday, September 27, 2009

Legends vs Icons 2.0..

Team Hawk Football Club presents..

Legends vs Icons 2.0..
26th September..


We lost 12-4 to the icons of Calvin's young superstars..

I was personally upset of the fact that it was my worse ever performance ever. Not only once that I crammed but rather more than 3 times. It was saddening when I wanted to give up. I have never gave up on my team until today. I've never gave up the fight till the very end, but sadly, I did.

This is probably something personal that not many would understand. I've captained this team a long time, and I passed it on to Calvin for one reason, because he could lead the team better, because he was the star of the team. As much as it was painful to give away the captain armband away, i never regret doing it for the sake of the team.

Calvin had shown so much improvement since I first played football with him. He was the idle replacement to lead the team to glory. I've done my part and gave the best of me.

When I started today's game, I was the happiest of person.. Why? Because I finally.. FINALLY.. got to play football after what seemed to be years. I've never left football for a long time until I left for college life.

But as the game went on, I realised that I wasn't the player I once used to be..
I was alot weaker..
I was not motivated as I used to be..
I had no stamina..
I had nothing..

I was disappointed with myself that I let my team down.
Football is football no doubt, its just a game and theres always going to be one winner and one loser if there was no equal score line.

To the legends..
I'm sorry I let you down once again.

My legs crammed, my boots torn to its worse, no energy left..

12-4..
It was an honor to play football with a great team such as this.
It always been.. and always will be..

Team Hawk Football Club..

0 people cares: