Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lent Season

So, today is Ash Wednesday..


For Roman Catholics, we usually fast (puasa) this day onwards till Easter. Ash Wednesday is the first day of Lent and occurs forty-six days before Easter.


Me, being a Roman Catholic myself, it is complusary to fast for 40 days.


Some ask "Why 40 days?"

Well, the 40 days represents the days that Jesus spend in the desert where he endured temptation by the ManDownUnder (If you have trouble understanding who am I talking about, please comment me)


There are traditionally forty days in Lent which are marked by fasting, both from foods and festivities, and by other acts of penance.The three traditional practices to be taken up with renewed vigour during Lent are prayer (justice towards God), fasting (justice towards self), and almsgiving (justice towards neighbour).


I'm fasting from meat and other poultry including seafood for the next 40 days. Its also a time to reflect on myself for times I failed to do, what is and suppose to be done. Hoping for a peaceful and clear mind though this lenten season.

0 people cares: