Monday, June 15, 2009

Ward 25

I refused to leave my house to go to the hospital. I didn't want to go to the hospital, especially around the late evening. I just didn't want to say no to my mom, so eventually she made me go. It was almost 7pm when we reached. We entered the elevator and press "5" to the fifth floor. I can see people running here and there. There was this old man sitting and pressing his palm against his head with a devastated face, almost trying his best not to shed a tear from his sadness. I could only walk by. I saw this women trying to console another women who was in tears. That sadness was agonized by a boys wreckless driving. I could only feel sorry.

The sign showed, WARD 25 to the right. My mom walked ahead of my sister and me. We went right to the end of the ward. There she was, my eldest aunt, who was suffering from a virus attack, lying on the last bed on the right. It wasn't her first time there, she was suffering from multiple diseases. I stood by and just saw her, it was really painful just to see her. I could see it from her looks that she was in pain. I really cannot explain what she was suffering from because I don't really know. My mom, the youngest of the siblings, talked to her and tried to calm her down.

My mom held by aunt by hand for a while. I could see from her grip, that she was holding it tight. Not really tight, but it was tight enough, to show her love from her elder sister. As my aunt slowly dozed off to sleep, my mom fell to tears. It was unbareable. It was the hardest thing for a son, to watch his own mom in tears. It felt like I was not of any use to my mom. I sat close by my mom till the warden made a last announcement to leave the ward. Visiting hours was over. We left that ward with our goodbyes and prayers.

It was a silent walk back to the elevator and down to the car. I never been in such a silent car on the way home. St Michael, watch over her.

14 June 09, Sunday

0 people cares: